Monday, December 29, 2014

Another Cheesebox Card


You never know what you're going to find on sale just before Christmas and lucky for me I found these kraft colored doilies at Michael's and they were the perfect size to cover the front of some more of my recycled cheesebox projects.  I first used my circle cutter to cut a circle of red cs and then adhered the doily over it.  Then, using a Martha Stewart punch and some Gumball Green cs I punched out the branches for the wreath.  After I glued them on, I took some red liquid paper and added dots to the branches for berries.  The bow on this one was made from some red and white baker's twine and I added a few punched stars in gold foil and gold glitter paper.


Inside of these I put a watercolored image from the SU set Beauty of the Season and added my chopped paper "snow" to the inside seam.


On the outside of the box I added some vintage ribbon that I came across at a flea market in September.  I knew when I saw it that I would use it at Christmas time, but I was thrilled that it was the perfect width for these boxes.


I made three of these for gifts and each one was just a little different from the rest.  Since HWNSNBP liked them so much I think I have to get busy this week and do one up for us.  I've got a few more boxes stashed away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.