Friday, August 8, 2014

Box of Blossoms


I had a couple of packages of these felt flowers that had been in the $1 bin at Mike's a while back and decided to plant them in this box card.  I used some vellum cardstock that I swiped with my Wild Wasabi ink pad and a Memory Box die for the foliage.  The flowers are being held up by some sturdy acetate which gives them the appearance of free-flowering.  


This "card" will collapse down flat and is mailable.  The back of the box - the tall panel - has my message to the recipient.  I was even able to use another one of the felt flowers on a large paper clip (sorry, not pictured) so I could clip a gift card to the back of the card for mailing.  I used one of those large postcard advertisements as a protective sleeve for the card before I put it into the envelope for mailing.  That made it just a little bit smoother for mailing purposes.  

These box cards are really fun to make and not all that hard.  (I think I've mentioned that before.) And one thing that I like to do is to shorten the panels that fall down when you pop it open so you can see more of the design or designer paper that's used on the base.  

I thought the Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight papers were quite cheery and matched the felt flowers to a T.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love your box of blossoms card! A friend of mine sent me one a few days ago and I was able to see how she made it so I made one too! Aren't they just the most magical cards you've ever seen?! I love the way they fold down flat to fit in a normal size envelope! I love the colours you've used and the foliage is so cute too! Well done:-) Glad your surgery went well, hope your feeling better!
    Sunshine N.Z.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.