Friday, June 13, 2014

A Couple of Thank You's


Back in April I received a beautiful plant arrangement from our staff for Administrative Assistant's Day and wanted to thank them.  The card above was CASEd from Nance Lempinen-Leedy.  I needed something that wasn't too feminine and loved the fact that she used the hexagon punch to make some "nuts".  The background stamp I chose reminded me of a gradebook.  To go along with the card I made a batch of pizzelles which were scoffed up rather quickly.  And, truth be told, the card was still on the table in the faculty room a few days later and I scoffed that up to repurpose it.  I figured I can just cut off the back and use the front again.  And even if I don't do that, I'll have it as a physical example to make another one like it in the future.  

Below is another card I made for the staff earlier this week.  I was out of work for about two weeks recently with my back injury and they all signed a card with well-wishes and gave me a gift card to one of our favorite grocery stores so we could get a couple prepared meals and I wouldn't have to cook.  They're so thoughtful.



I used cs in two shades of orange - Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango and stamped the orange slices with Tart and Tangy (retired).  For the wording, I used my Just Rite alphabet and stamper and one of the speech bubble dies.  The edges of the speech bubbles were brushed with Tangerine Tango ink.  With this card I put out a giant tub of orange slices candy.  

I've got a few more thank you's to put together for some of the parents who have helped out this year.  Our last day of school will be June 23 for the students and staff.  It's really flying by so fast at this point and there is so much that has to get done before the dust settles.  I'll have a few days off to catch my breath at the end of the month.  Whew!

1 comment:

  1. Great cards . . . and I hope your back is feeling better. With June 23rd being the last day of school - you are probably very busy right now. I hope the year ends smoothly . . . I still haven't had a chance to catch my breath at work, but it's getting there.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.