Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday Surprise


HWNSNBP has a cold and when he gets up in the morning he's had a nasty cough.  I was just about to chastise him this morning for waking me up early with that coughing on a day when I could sleep in when this lovely sight caught my eye.  

I can probably count on my hand the number of times that we've seen the bluebirds this close to the house.  Fortunately my camera was on the island in the kitchen and easily gotten to without too much movement to scare them away.   Keep in mind that the pictures are taken through the window which has seen a lot of weather since they were last washed.  

Look at this fellow all puffed up to stay  warm.


This female wasn't as adventurous on the suet feeder and just looked on.


Not sure if this is a female or juvenile. 


I think there were at least six of them or more flying back and forth from the seed feeders to the suet feeder.  Then they headed up to the garden to check out the nest box.  



What a lovely way to start the day.

3 comments:

  1. That is a lovely way to start the day . . . glad your camera was handy. Bluebirds are so beautiful . . . and of course happy. I hope your husband feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat - compensation for being woken. DH cleaned our windows to see the long-tailed tits better, but they don't come every day. I hope they found the nestbox satisfactory when they checked out, and that you have some baby blues later on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when a situation that you are about to be irritated with becomes one that makes you absolutely happy! :) Those birds are amazing! Hope the hubby is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.