Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Jingle Belles 12:21 - Pink Christmas


A favorite October prompt for this challenge - Pink Christmas.  

This card is a case of a lovely card that I saw recently but my brain is not allowing me to remember exactly where so I can give credit to the original.  When I find it I will come back and add the link, however, the one I remember seeing wasn't in pink.  I couldn't resist dressing this little girl up in a pink coat, scarf, mittens, and tights.  There are rhinestones and pearls in the centers of the snowflakes giving it some sparkle.  The panel itself is of shimmer cardstock which was quite by accident, but worked to my advantage.  And while I was coloring the image I added pearl shimmer paint for her fur trim, gold shimmer on the tree, and silver on her pathway.  

Edited to add:  Well I went on a search this evening and I found a similar card, but it turns out that that card was based on a card on pg. 14 of the SU catalog.  I also figured out how to add a sentiment to this, but I would rather not have it going side-to-side.  Now I will be searching my stash for a sentiment that goes up and down fairly thinly to add a banner on the left side hanging from the top.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! miss lorraine, that is stunning! i am sure the one you saw could not possibly have been nearly as cool as this... the pink and the shimmer just MAKE it! and the embossed snowflakes with their sparkly gem centers are such an amazing background! THANK YOU for popping in with us for a good cause, we are always excited when you share your gorgeous work! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweet little image ... so cute ... so glad you went pink for the cure with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.