I had seen a wreath project in a magazine I picked up .....last fall. It involved two things, a styrofoam wreath form and ribbon. Lots of ribbon. The one in the magazine used grosgrain ribbon - about 1 1/2" wide. I knew that would be a little costly so I put that idea on the back burner. In one of our many visits to Costco before the holidays, I was glad to find they had rolls of ribbon. Nice ribbon. 50 yards of it, for only $7.99. But not grosgrain. So I chose a pattern that I thought I could use that was not too busy.
Wrapping the styrofoam with the ribbon was the first step. Then I cut 15" strips - about 60 of them, and started adding them to the wreath form with a simple knot.
Because this was wired ribbon, there was an additional step I did before tying - removing the wire. That's pretty easy once it's cut in the strips and using a pair of needlenose pliers.
Since this ribbon was only printed on one side, I had to pay attention to the way that I tied the knot, repeating the process completely around the wreath form. This really didn't take long to do while I was watching tv one night.
It came out pretty nice, but I decided to go back and cut the ends of the ribbon into points. I did this by slightly folding the ends together and then cutting a triangle out to make it pointed on both ends. I think you can see what I mean in the finished picture below.
I have just about a half a spool of ribbon left, so I may have to make a second one of these. This one (and any subsequent ones) will be put aside for a Christmas gift.