Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Teapot Tuesday 190


As Cindy says, there is no limit to the number of teapots out there.  Just look at this one.  A black, white, and red beauty.  Just take a gander at that butterfly.  How sweet. 

Bring a butterfly she said, so I did.  I used one of my new Memory Box dies after I made a mess creating that background.  And let me say, it, or rather I was a mess.   I know that I did not do this technique as it was meant to be done, but I found a piece of transparency to do the fold, smash routine and in the process made a  glorified mess of myself.  

Note to self:  When working with ink refills, try very hard not to sneeze.  A sneeze will cause the ink to disperse where you don't want it, and further, where you don't want it may not just be on the project.  It could be your face.  And you might not find out about it until your color-blind husband notices it.  Oh yes, red ink under the chin and on the cheek.  Not too pretty!

But, I think it made a pretty background.  What do you think?


I stamped the flower from Creative Elements in black Stazon and then added the butterfly and the black stripes. Gave it a layer of black on a Pretty in Pink card base.

See how dimensional the butterfly is.


Join me as I check out the teapot gallery this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.