Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sister, Dear Sister's Birthday

It was this week - Monday to be exact.  And I made her a card the week before and promptly ....... forgot to send it!  But, I did call her to wish her a Happy Birthday and to tell her that the "card was in the mail." 

Yes, I mailed it, but not before I forgot to photograph it!  So today, when I stopped by to drop something off, I sheepishly asked her if I could take a picture.  She didn't question me, just went to get it and then I found a suitable space to snap a picture of it.  Not such a great picture, but a picture nonetheless.


To make the card I first tore a page from a book that was going in the recycling bin and used that to stamp my first image onto.  The large blossom from Floral Fillers was stamped in Basic Gray and then colored with my Old Olive and Regal Rose markers.  (It looks difficult but I found it fun!) 

Then I stamped the large blossom from Posy Punch in Regal Rose and used a Rose Red Marker for the center and punched it out.  The final flower is in three layers, thus the name Triple Treat Flower.  Again, I used the same three colors.

The card base is the new Lucky Limeade as is the punched accent on the left.  The sentiment comes from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I added some sticky rhinestones on the punched border and the first flower to finish it off. 

I'm linking this to How Sweet the Sound's Pink Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely card, and a special treasure for your sister..made with love.linked from PS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently made a card SO fantastic, so unbelievably gorgeous that I was in a rush to photograph it. My rush led me straight to the envelopes....the address to send it to...the stamp....and by the time I found my camera, the card was licked, stamped, and ready for the mail box.

    Since it was a handmade envelope...I refused to open it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice idea and one that is handmade is more special to me. I am sure she loved this late or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty. I love seeing old books get a second lease of life, and the flowers look lovely on it.
    I'm fussing around trying to make sure I remember all the upcoming birthdays - I totally missed one out last year and I was mortified when I remembered.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.