Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trimming the Clematis

Last week after we cleaned out the bluebird nestbox of the what was now the old nest, HWNSNBP asked me to trim away some of the dead clematis vines from the fence next to the box.  You might remember from this picture if you've been here before.....



So when I came in and went up to the Stamp Castle I was inspired to make this with some of the scraps that I've been trying to use up on my workspace.  Trust me, there's enough for a boat load of cards!


I even got crazy enough to make some little paper tendrils and added some yellow butterflies instead of bluebirds. (Shocking, I know!)  Those colors together are really much prettier in real life.  (Lavendar Lace and  Pale Plum, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight.  The background is from Just Believe stamped in VersaMark, and instead of a fence we have a wee bit of a trellis going on here.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous photo of the nesting box and occupier, and I love the way it inspired you. I was trying to make little curly tendrils last night, but a knitting needle just wasn't working to curl them round.
    Hope your hip is starting to improve!
    Enjoy the weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.