Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jingle Belles 22

Our challenge this week is call We Three Kings..... and what that means is you have to use 3 (or more) patterned papers in your card. 


I do have three here, it's just that I cut the trees completely off the patterned paper it was on to use them on the ornaments. 

I've been having a lot of buyer's remorse lately, this paper included amongst some of the purchases I've made I wish I hadn't.  There must have been some reason why I got it, but I can't remember so I'm glad that I was able to put it to good use here. 

The colors are Taken With Teal and Sahara Sand - not particularly what you would think of for Christmas, yet there is a tree pattern and the other papers that go with this also have Ruby Red in them and printed ornaments. 

I wanted to stay just with the three colors here and used a sentiment from Occasional Quotes for the first ornament.  

Okay, I just decided that I'm going to add some gold stretch cording around the tops of the ornaments with a little bow. 


There, that's much better.

Now to take a look at the rest of the gallery.

8 comments:

  1. well, i think i have the answer as to WHY you were definitely TOTALLY right to buy that paper: it was worth it just to do ♥♥♥THIS♥♥♥!!! what a fabulous card! and seriously i didn't think i even COULD love it more...until i saw the little gold bows! WOW! awesome! ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the 3 ornaments and the taken with teal and sahara sand is a wonderful color combo! I'm with Lauren...the gold cording is such an elegant touch. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first card ... and then I LOVED it even more with the gold cord ... I also love these fun colors ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the ornaments! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Lauren on this, that paper is perfect for cards like this - it has that wonderful vintage/retro look that is modern and yet familiar at the same time. I absolutely LOVE this card and the papers are a big reason- the colors are non-traditional but perfect for the style and the design is also perfect for the style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorraine, I can so relate to that buyer's remorse feeling! How funny! :) I have to say that I'm glad you bought the paper even if it caused a bit of remorse since without it, this gorgeous card would never have come into being!!! :) Can't wait to see what you do with it next!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being the only person on earth who hates Christmas, I must say that living in Florida is making me look forward to it. Who knew that, all these years, Christmas, and snow, and the flu were joined as one in my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card, Lorraine, so glad you found some relief for your buyer's remorse - mine is more like non-buyer's remorse since now i'm regretting that i didn't buy this paper...

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.