Wednesday, March 2, 2011

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish....

Blue Fish.  Our day custodian at work is out on leave after having knee replacement surgery.  Two things inspired me to make this card for him.  1.  It was Dr. Seuss Day today, thus the book title and the colored fish, and 2.  He likes to fish.


If you look closely at my fish, you will see that they are comprised of one of the trees from Trendy Trees stamped and cut out and laid on it's side, with two hearts as the heads and tails.  They are not my idea and I wish I could find the link to credit the person who thought these up.  Aren't they cute!  I added rhinestone eyes to the fish to give it some sparkle.  The background is stamped using A to Z in shades of blue and green. 

The words school and you are stamped using Rough Type and cut out.  The rest of the sentiment is handwritten.

He's doing well with his recovery, so we've heard, and has a few more weeks to go before he comes back.  I hope this will cheer him up a little.

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable, and I do remember that Dr Seuss book, love reading to my kids when they were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. I bet he loved this. I would have never thought to use this stamp this way.. Great minds out there in the stamping world.. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it -great play on words too!!

    And thanks so much for your birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.