Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jingle Belles 13

Hard to believe that we're already 13 weeks into 2011.  Well, the good thing about that is that I have a good start to my Christmas cards thanks to these Jingle Belles challenges. 

This week we were to be inspired by another Christmas carol - The Holly and the Ivy.  What this translates to is to make a card with holiday foliage.  When I was sorting through my Christmas papers the other day I came across an old scrap of dsp that I thought would be perfect ....... if there was enough of it.   Well, with some careful measuring and cutting, I managed to get the patterned piece that I wanted to use for this card.  It is a clean and simple design, highlighting the patterned paper for the most part.


See the swirls that make up this motif I was trying to get.  This paper reminded me of ivy and the ribbon has holly on it, so I know I have my bases covered with this one.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and after I embossed it in gold EP I punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch (though it doesn't look it).  I added a 3/4" circle behind the sentiment that I punched out of Poppy Parade and added some gold shimmer paint around the edges.  I also put dots of the shimmer paint on the berries on the patterned paper. 

Want to see the rest of the entries for the challenge this week?  Click here.

6 comments:

  1. not only is that "scrap" of paper gorgeous AND just the right size...but you've managed to highlight ONE PERFECT SET of swirls so that they move the eye around the card without going off the edge!!! i'm in awe of that--seriously-- ♥♥♥WOW♥♥♥!

    plus the ribbon and sentiment are EXACTLY right and enhance the entire thing brilliantly. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lorraine, this is grand - I immediately picked up on the swirls in the paper. Your card is sentimental and elegant, love the way the sentiment pops and the addition of the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the holly ribbon is the most perfect addition to this pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great layout to let that gorgeous papers shine ... and that circle behind the label really takes it to the next level ... absolutely wonderful. Thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do see the full ivy flourish that you were trying to get on the card. Perfect placement of the bow. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty paper. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.