Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jingle Belles 07

No Red She Said!

That's our prompt for the week brought to us by Lisa of Papergrace Designs.  Interesting, don't you think?  Given that we've just celebrated another "red" holiday, this was a breath of fresh air.

I remember a Christmas card that HWNSNBP and I had in our early years of marriage.  It was very non-traditional in color.  There were white trees against a lavendar and blue background - sounds strange but here is my attempt at recreating part of that......


It's kind of mystical, which is why I chose this sentiment from Lockhart Farms. 


The star was punched from an embossed aluminum tray (you'll see more of that soon).  I added the swirl from Baroque Motifs and clear embossed it on the Pacific Point base.  The sentiment is stamped in Pacific Point on vellum.  The trees are clear embossed and I sponged on the Lavendar Lace and Bashful Blue.  

I need to spend some time checking out the rest of the gals now - join me here.

4 comments:

  1. ooooooooooooh--a misty lavender and soft blue background...with those gorgeous white trees on it??!?! YES, PLEASE!!! ♥♥♥ what a fabulous palette & the sentiment is utterly PERFECT! i love how non-traditional this is...and yet...somehow, it still feels quite christmassy to me! (awesome!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of Trees Three, and what a perfect sentiment. I like those colours for Christmas; I think the card I sent you had pinks and purples in the sky, didn't it :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine, your color combo is soooooo stunning! Love how soft & subtle it is, yet it's still so welcoming and Christmas-y! The trees are so lovely in the foreground and, I must confess, that Baroque Motifs stamp?...It's one of my all-time faves. GORGEOUS!!

    And, I absolutely ADORE that sentiment. Really, really lovely card. Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it is a bit mystical ... and oh-so-very-lovely indeed ... fantastic holiday design. Thanks so much for joining our jingle belles journey.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.