Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 123


Who is in the mood for baking?  I am but it never seems like I have the time.  All the ingredients are stocked up and waiting.  I have my recipes all lined up and ready to go...... but..... there's the.... well, I'm sure everyone is pretty much in the same boat with a long list of things to do.   No matter how many times I tell myself I'm going to start getting ready for the holidays sooner, it never seems soon enough.  Anyway, I did make time last night, after seeing the teapot inspiration for this week, to make some paper cookies. 


These are fancier cookies than I will ever probably make, but a girl can dream.  If they were truly "baked" the dough would be piped onto the cookie sheet and baked to get the scallop edges crispy.  Then when cooled, they would be iced with some pink and green tinted icing.  Once that set up, then the snowflakes could either be piped on with icing or stenciled on. 

As it is here, the cookies are die cut with the large scallop from the Birds and Blooms die set in Confetti Cream and the edges sponged lightly with Creamy Caramel.  I stamped the snowflakes in VersaMark and embossed with white EP on Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink then punched them out with a 1" circle punch.  The "cookies" are presented on a white doily of Whisper White cs punched with the scallop trim corner and edge punches.  I added some fine pink and green lines to the edge of the doily.  The sentiment is stamped from Four the Holidays and embossed in white EP on a Crumb Cake backing.  The last touch was the pink cotton string.

Here's the story to go with the inspiration this week.  Please take a look at all the wonderful creations everyone is adding this week in the gallery.

1 comment:

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.