Monday, September 20, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 112

I saw this teapot this week and immediately thought of my bowling ball cats.  I'll have to do some digging to find some decent pictures, but here is one I took early in the summer this year when I was repairing the ear of this one.....

This is, or was, one of my hobbies - to repurpose bowling balls.  I painted them, mosaiced them, glued things to them and used them to decorate the yard.  I like to think it was to add color to the yard since the deer regularly ate anything we planted, but it was also to add some interest to the landscape.  I even did a couple of bowling balls on commission for $.  And just like my rubber stamps, I have an accumulation of bowling balls in the basement just waiting to be repurposed.  But that's got nothing to do with the teapot challenge so let me move along.

If you check the Teapot post you'll get the full story and when you look at the gallery, you'll be wow'd I'm sure.  

The colors of the teapot reminded me of autumn, which it will be in a few days, so I got out my new French Foliage set and an old PSX cat stamp and this time buried the cats in the leaves.  


The cat faces are stamped in Basic Gray ink and the eyes highlighted with a Taken With Teal marker.  The script and leaves were stamped off once and then stamped with Basic Gray, More Mustard, Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, and Pumpkin Pie.  I added the lower corner motif to resemble the lid of the teapot.   The Taken With Teal strips were "roughed up" to get them some texture.


Our cards this week are destined for a fellow stamper in California who has just moved, along with her two cats, to that state.  I hope she likes this.

4 comments:

  1. I love your card, but especially love your bowling ball art. I saw a woman on HGTV who did bowling ball art for her yard, but they weren't anywhere as good as your bowling balls. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE teh cat blowling ball! What a great idea to decorate them!
    Well done, and the cat card is awesome too!
    Sunshine NZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! What an awesome widdo kitty bowling ball! What an awesome talent you are! I love this! Tee hee! I find myself wondering if you did a judo dude bowling ball...then when bowling....right as the ball hits the pins, you could order a judo kick and whaaa laaa....a strike, time and time and time again! Whoo hoo!

    Your card is amazing...Love the blue eyes! Your bowling ball rocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I bet they look fun scattered around the yard!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.