Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 111

I almost decided to pass on today's teapot challenge.  I've been very busy with the start of school - there's so much paperwork to take care of - and I've been having a problem with a tooth.  I had my regular dental checkup just a couple of weeks ago and all was good, that is until the next night when a tooth I had a root canal in 5 years ago started acting up. 

This isn't the first time that I've had a problem with this root canal tooth so on top of being in a bit of pain and being on antibiotics that are causing other problems, I am a little ticked off about it. 

The other reason is because it's a dog teapot.  I am not a dog person - having been bitten twice and having a son who is deathly allergic have contributed to that.  But after I went upstairs to see if I actually had any dog stamps besides D is for Dog, I got a little inspiration so here goes.

You can check out the story that goes along with this teapot here.  It's another cute one and the gallery is full of wonderful creations.


What I found was the Loads of Love Accessories set which has the three little dogs ready for the back of the pick-up truck, but I decided to make them into a decorative strip with my Stamp-a-ma-jig.


I colored them with my SU markers.  The background paper is full of trees (check out the link for the story above!!!) and it's from the special dsp prints pack offered earlier this year.  I've got a base of Pacific Point, some Old Olive and then the trees.  The decorative strip is mounted on Summer Sun which is on Pumpkin Pie cs.  The sentiment comes from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Pacific Point and punched with a 1" circle punch.  That is layered on another circle of Pacific Point.  The leaves were punched in Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive. You can see I added the leaf veins with my marker. 

So, as we have been doing for the last little while, this card has a destination station of a lady who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.