Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another Strawberry Birthday


This card is for my cousin who celebrates her birthday in July.  It goes along with a strawberry themed gift bag.  I had another birthday late last month that I also did the strawberry theme for and just duplicated the strawberry items in it when I was buying them.  I decided to add the pink lattice piece to this card with a little vellum behind it to soften up the red from the berries.  The centers you will see below were done again with So Saffron cardstock cut up very finely and adhered with red line tape dots. 


It looks more tedious than it is to do.  I took a 1" x 2" strip of cs and cut it lengthwise but not all the way to the end.  Keep cutting it very thinly and it will start curling.  Then just start cutting it width-wise very closely and you get these tiny pieces.  I used red line dots and just dipped them in the little pile of cuttings.  Using a sticky dot or dimensional would probably also work.

I took my marker to the edges of the leaves to give them some depth.  The strawberries are from Tart and Tangy and the sentiment is from, oops forgot that right now.  E-mail me if you really need to know and I'll figure it out.

I just love how the strawberries look on Kraft (now called Crumb Cake) and Sahara Sand.  Check out this card on Dawn's blog - her strawberries are absolutely yummy, and I'm going to have to give that jam a try!

4 comments:

  1. I still think those centres look great, but even with your explanation, I can't believe the are that easy. What could say summer more than daisies and strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and comment. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.