Thursday, February 11, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 80

I can't figure out whether I've been working in slow motion these last couple of days or if I've just had that many interruptions.  Maybe it's a bit of both.  Today was no exception.

But let me get on with it.  This week our lovely hostess Cindy gave us this little beauty as our inspiration along with a very long story that I think had about 42,000 words in it.


This teapot reminded me of my sister.  I remember that she had made a beautiful iris stained glass piece and she had a plethora of cats.  Maybe that's another reason why I took my time with this one. 

I couldn't find my one and only iris stamp (which happens to be a stained glass window - go figure) but I did find the bag of stamps that my mother brought to me just before Christmas that they found in amongst my sister's things.  Almost all of them were cat stamps.  So I decided to put something together like this........



The flower is a retired SU stamp called From the Garden and the cat face is by PSX.  I used a mask to get the cat face into the center of the flower - in between four unexpected phone calls.  I stamped this Basic Gray ink on watercolor paper and used my watercolor crayons to color it - in between a quick errand to pick something up.  If you're wondering how this fits into the story let me say that Belassiz is hiding in the flowers to keep an eye on Bodacious and his decorating escapade. 

Ahh, but I didn't mention that I wasn't too sure about how this was going to come out, so I started another one.  You know when you are looking to make some decorating changes and you don't have a lot in the lines of cash flow.  Adding a few floral pieces here and there will brighten things up.  In my pursuit of the iris stamp I came across a stamp I had picked up in a clearance sale somewhere some time ago. 



The stamp is called Spring Wreath and it's by Rubber Stampede.  I stamped it in Basic Gray on watercolor paper and again used my watercolor crayons and an aquapainter to color it.  I backed the image with a Pretty in Pink panel punched with the Pinked Hearts border and corner punches.  Then I mounted that on a Lavendar Lace care base. 

The ribbons from both cards came from my ribbon stash.  It's been snowing here all day so the bright colors in these cards are just what I needed.  How about you?

3 comments:

  1. I really like that Easter wreath with the lilies, but oh my - the cat in the flowers, I love it! I'm going to be so distracted trying to think what it reminds me of. I don't know if it's the illustration in one of the Mary Poppins books of Leo the star. That may be it, with the petals looking like a mane. Fabulous masking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Lorraine, very clever placing the face in your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well aren't you too clever.. I LOVE this idea.. I think you are too creative. I would have never thought to put that cat face in amongst the flower. Really great job Lorraine.. The second one is a beautiful stamp.. Super masking..

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.