Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saturday Inspiration

The Inspiration Challenge for today comes from the online store ECHO.   I chose this pillow as my inspiration..........



I wish I had some textured Basic Gray card stock, but I don't so I used a ruler and a stylus to create some texture on the gray square.  The flowers are from Vintage Vogue and are stamped in Lavendar Lace, Summer Sun and Cameo Coral. I stamped them off once and then rolled the edges in the ink to highlight the edges.  They have centers punched with the 1/4" circle punch to which I added some Crystal Effects to make them look glossy.

The borders are made with the new open scallop punch to which I added several rows of white cotton thread to give it some more texture. 




The colors were repeated in the little tags that I punched with the mini tag punch after I stamped them with a sentiment from Tiny Tags.  I strung them on some more white cotton thread and tied them up with a bow.  The bow was stuck on with a glue dot.  I added a panel of Whisper White embossed with the new polka dot folder behind the pillow piece.  You can see the textures in the close up photo below. 




Okay, help me out here.  Was it the Three Stooges or Alvin and the Chipmunks who sang "Hello, Hello, Hello" when they made an entrance?

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you lost anything by not having read-made textured card - your own grey looks wonderful. And then using the white twine and the little bunch of tags - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, this is so adorable, I luv the use of the tags....so sweet...I chose the same pillow....I hope you have a fabulous day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect representation of that pillow. Terrific tags.. I love the colors.. Wish I could help you with your question but I have no idea..have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE THREE STOOGES! IN HARMONY!

    All my scrap-crap is boxed up. I'll be sending it home via UPS and if they lose it, I'm gonna have a meltdown.

    One question of HUGE proportions: WHAT do you do with your card creations? So much effort went into making that card that I am extremely curious.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.