Sunday, January 24, 2010

Featured Stamper Challenge

This is something new for me.  Splitcoast features a stamper every Sunday and you peruse their gallery and choose one of their creations to be inspired by.  There are rules for this, like - you must change 2  or more things, be it the layout, the colors, the image, etc. 

Why am I doing this today?  Well, because the Featured Stamper is Karen B. Barber.  I love her work and I've actually met her at one of our INKredible gatherings.  She's so creatively gifted and she's a hoot!

Take a little time to go visit her gallery in the link above and you will see what I mean about her gift.

I chose her Wildflower Tiles card to CASE.  I changed the colors, the stamp set, and some other little details.



I don't think I've used any other SU set as much as I've used Vintage Vogue already.  I love the images and it's so darn easy to use the new clear mount stamps with the acrylic blocks. 

Let me start with the background which is Bermuda Bay stamped withVersaMark.  Next I used the flowers and leaves from Vintage Vogue to make my own DSP.  The large flowers are Cameo Coral rock-and-rolled in Ruby Red and the smaller flowers are Bermuda Bay, stamped off once and then also rock-and-rolled in the same color.  The leaves are stamped in Garden Green twice.  I added some speckles in Soft Suede using the Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set.

My squares are a little smaller than Karen's because, I think, I'm mathematically challenged.  I thought my square punches would work.  Thought wrong!  But I do like the way it turned out anyway with the larger white space between.   The flowers are punched with the 1 3/8 square punch and they are layered onto Riding Hood Red CS. 

The centers of the flowers are punched out of CS and I added white dots with a gel pen.  And, I guess you can tell that I couldn't quite make up my mind about the ribbon.  All Bermuda Bay was too blah, and all Riding Hood Red was too much, so I compromised and used them both. 

This is one of those cards that's going to have to go in a bigger envelope because of that bow! 

So, how do you think I did with my first Featured Stamper challenge?

1 comment:

  1. Lookie you takin' on the challenges, I think you did a great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.