Sunday, January 17, 2010

Downline Meeting Inspires Thursday Throw Away

We had another wonderful downline meeting this week.  My upline Debbie was preparing for her open house to welcome in the new Ocassions Mini and the start of Sale-a-bration.  She picked these wonderful projects for us to do..........


We used the new milk carton die, the scalloped heart embosslit, new dsp, and new stamp sets and much more.  Not shown is a Valentine box from the preprinted Valentines in the new catty. 

The bookmark was created with some of the new punches.  I took this idea and some dsp I had on hand to create a cover for my new pocket calendar. 

I had bought a couple of these calendars last year to recover and give as gifts, but as usual, time got away from me and I put them aside.  Well, it's 2010 and I didn't have a new calendar so I dug this up.  It's a two-year calendar for 2009-2010.  I used a craft knife to cut out the pages for 2009 and then picked out my papers and got to work.  So you might consider this a Thursday Throw-Away that was rescued from the recycling bin.

Here it is before.....



and after........



and here's a close up ..........



It fits right back into the protective plastic sleeve.  I have to say that I love these new punches.  They are easy to work with and easy to store.  Don't you just love this bird!!

2 comments:

  1. I like that bookmark! But I like it even better as a diary cover with just Life Happens - perfect. Of course I like the original flower cover, but your remake makes me smile - and that's always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects - Love the bookmark idea!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.