Here they are covered with some dsp. On the pink and green ones I used a very fine paint brush and the gold shimmer paint to paint certain parts of the design and make them more fulgent (see Kelly's WOW - Word of the Week Challenge). Well, they're not dazzlingly bright, but they do have some sparkle. Then I either gave them a coat of Crystal Effects, or embossed with 5 layers of clear EP ...
And here they are strung on faux leather cording.
I'm so glad I found that challenge because now I have some presents done and some more in the works.
I learned one thing while doing these. In the first two pictures you see a washer with a very small hole. Well, that's not a problem. The problem was that that was one of the ones that I used the embossing powder on and it was a lot thinner than the other washers. I found that it took a while for the embossing powder to melt because the metal had to heat up. What I forgot was that those particular washers were a lot thinner and really didn't need as long under the heat gun and the paper got scorched. I'll probably try peeling the paper off the washer and trying again with that one.
I'd love to hear what you think about this project.