Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 69

Maureen is our hostess this week and because it's a holiday week and everyone is very busy, she gave us a simple challenge this week.  Thanks Maureen!  Here is the beautiful teapot that she chose.  (Here is a link to her blog.)



I love the rose on this teapot.  I love the color and the placement - it's just such a sweet tea for one set. 

The rose reminded me of the rose from the Manhattan Flowers texture plate, so I took some Shimmery White paper and before I embossed it, I brayered Rose Red Ink on the plate.  I hope you can see in the picture below, the shimmer that comes through the ink.  It turned out just like I had hoped. 

I trimmed the flower and then mounted it on some more Shimmery White.  Added the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes and mounted that on Hunter Green.  The background/base of the card is Purely Pomegranate, stamped with the leaf stamp from Autumn Splendor in VersaMark ink.  I am lucky enough to still have some Purely Pom stitched grosgrain for the bow and the last step was to add the little stick-on jewels.




I have a few thank you's to catch up with for my wonderful friends who have been taking good care of me while I recuperate.  This will come in handy!

Please take a look at the teapot gallery this week - I know you'll enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Lorraine. Hope you are feeling well enough to kick back and enjoy the holiday. Let yourself be pampered. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.