Monday, October 26, 2009

Zero Calorie Cake

Today is my friend Linda's birthday.  Last week when I saw her I gave her a little surprise.  It's a zero calorie birthday cake.  Not my original idea I must add - you know I'm a great copycat!  I saw the original here.  It is really simple like a real cake - as long as you have all the right ingredients.  Personalizing with your own creative flair is always welcome! 

You will need a battery operated tea light (you can get 2 in a package for $1 at the Dollar Tree).  You'll need some pretty papers, flower and leaf punches and the SU exclusive Flower Folds Die.  The link above has a great tutorial.



No cake would be complete without it's own little bakery box. This I will take credit for.  I used some Sahara Sand cs and made a little 1 1/2 x 2 box pattern.  Gave it a band of coordinated dsp and a ribbon and added some more punched flowers and leaves to the top.



I love this project!!!  It's cute, inexpensive, and can help you use up scraps of all that beautiful paper you have from your cardmaking or scrapbooking. 

Oh, and by the way - HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful.. I really like this idea.. I have never seen this.. She must have loved it.. I am definitely caseing this.. Your blog is full of great creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo Lorraine, this is the best! Who doesn't love a b-day without the calories :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is gorgeous, just love it Lorraine! Clever girl, well done!
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.