Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Quick Little Something

I remembered just before I went for a haircut today that my hairdresser was celebrating her birthday this week. I quickly threw this together for her. It's something we did at one of our downline meetings last month using a chapstick in place of the drink packets.


You need to use the butterfly die to punch out two of the whole large butterfly. The sentiment is from the Oval All set and colored with markers, then punched with the medium oval punch. Under that is a layer of cs punched with the scallop oval punch.

The butterflies are placed back-to-back and the ovals (that have been adhered together) are placed where you see in the picture. I took my needle tool and pierced holes for the two brads. That's all that's holding the butterflies together.


Three packets bearly fit in this. I should have moved the brads a little closer to the edge of the paper to have a tiny bit more room.

Like I said above, you can add a tube of chapstick, some Twizzlers, a special pen or pencil, etc. Let me know if you have any additional ideas!!!

6 comments:

  1. Just what I need yet another Big Shot die. Oh well. I love the idea. It would be great for the secretaries at my school. Yes?

    I've scouring the web for ideas so I can be ready for when school starts and I'm too busy for the little things that mean so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I bet she loved this. I am really liking those flavored drink packets. Super job. A fun inexpensive gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always cut my own hair. I just never had enough of it to warrant paying someone to clip a few off.

    I love your hair in your photograph. If it's changed due to that beautician, I'll send her a BLACK card with a few death threats thrown in for decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project and great little gift idea! the butterflies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea with the tea packets. Hmmm, who should I give one of these to :)

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.