Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy 60th Birthday

One of my blogging buddies, Dana, is celebrating her 60th Birthday today. Please visit her blog today to help her celebrate. You know those birthday's with the 0's are special ones!!!


I recently received two cards from her. This one with the gorgeous newsprint bird was filled with the goodies you see further down. Dana has a new toy called a Slice and she cut these out and sent them to me. I will be using them very soon! Thanks Dana.


I sent Dana a package for her birthday when I found out that she likes roosters! She had seen the rooster card that I made and the pictures of the roosters that we saw in Smithville and commented on them. And, she told me that she had never seen a rooster stamp.

Well, thanks to my friend Joan, I was able to send her a rooster stamp. Joan and I had been shopping together recently and I saw the rooster set but, remorsefully, did not buy it. She picked it up for me when she visited that store again. Thanks Joan!!!

A few days after I mailed the package I received this card from Dana with the rooster on it. Didn't she do a great job with the design? I love it.




Look at all the wonderful shapes and words she cut out for me. Sounds like a great machine to have around Dana!

Oh, and I have to tell you that she put the picture of my rooster picture on the back of her card! That was a real treat!

Now, in case you didn't see the link above, click here to visit Dana and wish her a Happy Birthday!






1 comment:

  1. Oh honey. My cards look so much better on YOUR site! What kind of camera do you have? I'm so glad that you liked the cards. I'm trying to learn a new card technique that has me cussing like a sailor. You NEED the 12x12 paper and I've been trying to re-figure the measurements for my 8x11 paper. I gave up and actually went to a scrapbooking store and paid money for paper!! Now I CAN'T make a mistake.

    You'll be the first to get one if I EVER get the dang thing figured out.

    Love you, my Joisey connection.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.