Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday's Throw Aways - Week 13

One of HWNSNBP's good habits is that he drinks orange juice on a daily basis. The containers have these neat closures now. I saved a couple of them with the intention of using them someday. Unfortunately, the hinged part tends to degrade with time so I couldn't used them for what I originally had in mind.

The bottom piece however, reminded me of a frame. Although this orange color is quite bold, I thought it would look good framing a botanical stamp. Here you see one of the stamps from Pocket Silhouettes stamped on watercolor paper with Close to Cocoa ink.

The card base is Always Artichoke as is the polka dotted DP. I found a scrap from an old card that was stamped with the Floral background in Pumpkin Pie and I used it as one of the layers. On top you can see a strip of Choc. Chip punched with the scallop border punch.
I got some new stuff today, so I was moving things around to try to find room for it all and found this ribbon. It's gathered grosgrain. I know I have to stop hoarding all this stuff and start using more of it. The little knot on top of the juice frame is Choc. Chip 1/4" grosgrain.

The last touch was to add the sentiment on the orange layer. It's from the 3-for-you punchbox set. Not sure you can see what it says Just . For . You .

I added this close up of the framework. So tell me - do you think this would be okay for a guy? I'm thinking of using it for a Father's Day card for HWNSNBP. Afterall, if he didn't have his daily OJ I wouldn't have been inspired!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a cleaver idea! The card is wonderful. tfs

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.