Monday, March 2, 2009

INKredible Color Challenge 3/2

Real Red, More Mustard, Kiwi Kiss, and Very Vanilla - these were the colors of the challenge this week. I was thinking that there should be flowers and green leaves but I couldn't decide at first which color to use for the flowers.

My Real Red ink tends to stay "open" or wet for a very long time, so after I stamped each flower I used my blending pen and pulled the ink into the shaded section which looks pink. I also used the blender pen on the butterfly, pulling the More Mustard into the unstamped areas and added just a touch of red to the shaded areas. I used my mustard marker to highlight the body of the butterfly.

I recently got the new oval scallop die and used that to frame the flowers. The oval piece is sponged with Kiwi Kiss.

This is a very bright and happy card don't you think? I used SU's God's Beauty Hostess Set.

I'd love to read your comments on this card. It always helps to get feedback. Thanks for visiting and do please come again.

1 comment:

  1. I like both cards. I especially liked how you pulled the color in with the blender pen on the flowers and butterfly. I would not have thought to do that but it looks great. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.