Thursday, January 22, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 30

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. It only took me two days to get this card done!This week Cindy posted this lovely monochromatic teapot. Please visit her glob to see the beautiful card that she created.
I knew that I had a new stamp set "Just Buzzin' By" that had the bees in it, but I was a little stumped about the hive pattern. Then I remembered that I had a chicken wire stamp that had the same shape as the honeycomb. So I stamped it on the back of the piece of cardstock and used a craft knife to cut out the openings. The card is done in Sahara Sand and Confetti White. The little bees are stamped in Basic Gray and colored with markers. Do you like the little pink cheeks? The layout that I used for the card is from Sketch Challenge 212 on Splitcoast this week. I think this may be the first sketch challenge that I've done.
The bow under the bee is moss taffeta. I was trying to keep with the monochromatic effect of the teapot. How do you think I did?

6 comments:

  1. What do I think? Snort! I think you might be as looney as me! Cutting out all of those chicken wire patterns to make your honey comb, yep, you are looney. But you know what? The end result is the most amazing thing and if you feel like I feel, no matter that it took two days, its finished and its incredible!! How fun, very cretive, you da woman!

    So happy you are back. Makes me feel like you must be feeling better! Whoo Hoo!

    Thank for you the links and kind words and happy to see you! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. I can't believe it only took two days. That was a lot of cutting. I am glad you are feeling well enough to do a little stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Can't believe you cut out ALL those 'honeycombs'! Definitely worth your time - the card is FABULOUS! Glad you were feeling well enough to stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful interpretation! You sure did a lot of cutting but it was so worth it. Gorgeous as usual!
    Hope you're doing well and on the road to a full recovery. Take care.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job, such patience to do cut those out!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.