Friday, November 7, 2008

INKredible Color Challenge 11/3


This has got to have been the hardest one so far. The colors this week were Night of Navy, Handsome Hunter and......... wait...........here it comes..........Blush Blossom. I have to admit that Blush Blossom is one of my least favorite colors. It reminds me of a little disagreement I had with my mother.


My daughter was receiving her first communion and I had sewn this beautiful dress for her. My mother happened to work with someone who had a flower arranging business on the side and she asked him to make a little bouquet for my daughter to carry. We talked about it and agreed that it would contain blush pink rose buds and have a blush pink ribbon. When she brought it over the rosebuds were the color of blush blossom, as was the ribbon. This was not what I had envisioned and I guess my reaction was not quite what my mother expected. We talked about it a little later and after I explained my feelings to her we decided just to remove the rosebuds and just have a white bow. I just do not care for that color - sorry.


So to have to use it in this challenge was a real challenge to me. As you can see, there is very little of it.

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Always in My Thoughts, Sanded
Paper: Handsome Hunter, Night of Navy, Blush Blossom, Whisper White
Ink: Handsome Hunter, Night of Navy, Blush Blossom
Accessories: 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" and Round Scallop Punches, 1/4" NN grosgrain

To make the background I inked the Sanded background stamp with each of the darker colors separately and stamped the Whisper White cs rotating the image.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty card! and I know what you mean...tough colors! I have this stamp set and I have to admit it is a little more difficult to use than I would expect it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is gorgeous. I'm going to make a card today with some photos I have. I'll let you know how it turns out!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.