Thursday, October 23, 2008

Teapot Tuesday 17

Don't touch that dial. You are not experiencing technical difficulty. This teapot is black and white and it's soooooo stinkin' cute! It's a little tea for one pot and cup together. Cindy fooled us all and didn't make a card this week. She had a surprise for us on her glob - you can see it here. I tell you, she's one creative cookie. And speaking of cookies. She told us that if we came to the tea party this week we had to bring black and white polka dotted frosted cookies! I don't have a recipe for those cookies so I sent my son to the store to get some double stuffed Oreo's, they're the closest thing to black and whites that I could come up with. And then I made the mistake of opening them. When I opened the bag they screamed for the milk to come and get them. You know you can't have Oreo's without milk (at least I can't). And as I was working on my projects tonight (there's another post below this - go see it when you're done here), I kept sneaking into the kitchen to dunk another one.

If I were actually able to visit Cindy I would bring my cookies in this box which was inspired by the teapot. It's a mini pizza box and you can find the template at SCS. I used the Pick a Petal Stamp set and then got out one of my ribbon boxes and came up with this ribbon flower to put on top. The center is a brad from the Stylized Silver Hardware that SU has. I added some polka dot ribbon around the edge of the box. The box itself is big enough to hold four Oreo's.



I wanted to show you the ribbons from above. All I did to make it was to cut the ribbons all to the same length. Then I slightly ovelapped them in the center so I could poke the brad through and have two "petals" on each side of the brad. It's stuck to the top of the box with sticky tape.
BTW, if you visit Cindy's blog this week, make sure to wish her a Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

  1. Great box! 4 oreos?? Wow I was wondering what I could put in one of those!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Four oreo cookies! Why, you little oreo cookie dunker stinker!! This is so awesome! How very very fun! Look at it!

    This little box is to die for and your creativity once again is wonderful! I will gladly give you a pass on the polka dotted cookies since a recipe was no where to be found! Who can make cookies without a recipe? Not me!

    I love that you gotta snack and dunk while creating this wonderful little project! And how wonderful that you have a son old enough to send to do errands for you! Whoo Hoo!

    Its just precious!! Thanks for the delight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this box!!!! What a great idea!!! She really had us thinking this week, this is such a fun challenge! I love all the black and white ribbons, elegant box and you are making crave Oreo's!!! Beau-ti-ful....thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE black and white. I've done many photos of the brats, I mean darlings, in black and white. I adore the boxes. as usual. you still rock

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your black and white ribbons - they look adorable on your pizza box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this teapot and also love your cookie box. Black and white combination has always been one of my favorites.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this teapot and also love your cookie box. Black and white combination has always been one of my favorites.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.