Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Teapot Tuesday 12

This week's teapot looks like it's carved right out of a tree doesn't it? I love the owls. You really must go to Cindy Motherway's glob and see the card that she made. If you don't you'll be missing a real work of heart.

I just got this SU set called Owl Together now. I made the owls into Teapots (yes, they're teapots, not owls doing their best John Travolta imitation!!!). I'm calling this Tea T'owls - get it - I know, I crack myself up. Anywhooo, you may be wondering why there are 3 owls. If you look closely at the picture of the actual teapot, you will see that the knob on the top of the pot is a little owl. I couldn't leave the little guy out now could I!

I stamped the owls on Confetti White cs. Lucky for me that they looked kind of cute lined up this way cause I had intended to either cut or punch them out. They are watercolored and colored in with SU markers. I tried to keep to pretty neutral tones. The leaves are punched with a little leaf punch I bought many years ago - I know not where. I even had to get out the WD-40 to loosen it up. The leaves are matched up to the colors in the owls.

The bottom of the card was run through my Cuttlebug with one of the new embossing folders I recently got. A little knot bow of Choc. Chip grosgrain was added to the line of leaves.

So what do you think? I'd love to hear.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, you pretty muched aced this challenge. Could you have made a more perfect card! I think not! It is just adorable.....the three little owls are happy campers surrounded by their cluster of leaves....such a precious card!

    I have loved having you at my tea parties and your cards are always something to look forward to! Very creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come back and leave a comment about the John Travolta thing! You don't just crack yourself up girlfriend, you crack me up to! Bwahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute - love those little owls and love all the fall leaves as embellishments. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want you to come to room 121 at Park Forest Elementary tomorrow morning. You are doing the craft center. Don't be late (9:15)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what CUTE owls! You are so lucky, we don't get half the SU stuff you guys get! These owls are NOT in MY Su catalogue :-(
    Love the colours on this card!
    Sunshine NZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is that?!?! You are AWESOME!

    PS I tagged you on my blog. It might be the same one from a couple months back but I figure, I'll always be interested in 7 new things about you!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.