Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Teapot Tuesday 11

Once a week, on Tuesday, I try to participate in the Teapot Challenge on Cindy's glob which can be found here. She has a collection of teapots and chooses one each week as the inspiration for a card and she invites others who want to to participate. Being a tea lover myself, I was drawn to this challenge. This week's teapot is this cute fall pumpkin one. Aren't the colors just great! Please visit Cindy's glob (her word) to see her absolutely gorgeous card.

And here is my offering for the week.I got out a retired stamp set - Give Thanks - and stamped the pumpkins and sunflower on confetti cream cs with Basic Gray ink using the masking technique. Then I got out (SU! friends, now is the time to close your ears, er.... eyes?!) my Prismacolor pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits to color the image. I have to tell you that I have had this set of Prisma's for over 30 years. I picked them up at a flea market in Vermont for $15 (which at that time was a little pricey, believe it or not) which would be a steal now, cause they go for more that a buck fifty for one. (If you ask my kids - they will tell you that mom's colored pencils were always off limits for school projects!) Using the mineral spirits on paper stumps helps to blend the colors.

I haven't done a lot of coloring this way lately (or ever for that matter), but I think it came out pretty good for being so rusty.

In my stash of goodies, I happened to have some leaf buttons which tied in (get it!) with the theme.

Hope you enjoyed it!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I love that you had these cute little leave buttons and a perfect place to put them on your card. This teapot is very round and I love how you picked up on that and made yours round.

    You cards are always very creative.

    Thanks for coming to the tea party! And for the link back to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those leaf buttons just perfect, and so well placed on the scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! The colros are stunning!! I also did the challenge, not I am addicted to it!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.