Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Teapot Tuesday 8 is Late

Last Tuesday I was away on a lovely vacation with HWNSNBP. Unlike in the past, I decided not to pack up lots of craft supplies to bring with me. Instead I chose to bring one project and a selection of the books that I have had piling up to be read. So this is why I am behind on the Teapot Tuesday challenges. Here is the pretty teapot that Cindy chose last week. Be sure to check out her glob for her gorgeous card.

And here is my card for the challenge. I did add a little color with the background (and I have been told by my very astute daughter that I should have used blue instead of yellow because the yellow reminds her of, I won't say what). I did pick up the ribbon at Michael's while I was away, but I didn't want to make a traditional bow with it. Instead, I gathered one edge and pulled it just enough to leave a little room for the diameter of the button so the button wouldn't hide the ribbon too much. I left a loop in the top of the ribbon (maybe you might think it's a teapot handle???, I know it's a stretch again).

The black and white background was created by using a cuttlebug embossing folder on Whisper White cardstock, then inking up my brayer with Basic Black ink and running it gently over the raised areas. So, although you can't see it that well in the picture, the background is very textured. '

I mounted that on Kiwi Kiss and then on Summer Sun (the Summer Sun is only one layer, the Kiwi Kiss is the card). The sentiment is from the new Wow Flowers stamp set and backed with Basic Black cs. They are both popped up. Oh, and I almost forgot that I used the All Scallops border set and the scallop border punch for the scalloped design on the right.

Maybe she's right - it would be better on blue. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Lorraine! I am so impressed with this! It is a beautiful card, love the embellishments! I don't know how you did such a good job of brayering the cuttlebugged piece because I always get ink down in the background...you did such a good job!

    Your card is wonderful, I like the yellow and I choose not to think what it reminds your daughter of! Hee!

    I am so glad you came to the tea party.....especially since you have been busy travelling! It rocks.....

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.