Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Sending of the Socks

There should be a sub-title here: Not Just Your Plain, Everyday Envelope

I started sending holiday socks to my daughter and her roommates in college and, even though they're all graduated and no longer live together, the tradition lives on. I was told that they will always expect holiday socks. So, needless to say, it's time to mail the St. Patty's socks (actually, they should have been mailed already but I just picked them up). And, I just realized that the Easter socks should go out too, but we'll wait until the weekend for that.

How do I relate this to crafts, or National Craft Month - the envelope of course. Why send a plain, everyday envelope when you can make it fit the holiday? This envelope started as just your ordinary off-white catalog mailer. I got out my Stampin' Up Speckled wheel and put a layer on with More Mustard ink. Then I got out my Holiday Blitz shamrock and added them in Marigold Morning and Wild Wasabi. I think it came out pretty cute. Of course, I'll have to add the addresses on labels so they can be seen, but maybe it will put a smile on the mailperson's face as well as the recipient's.

Now, you can do this for ocassions other than "the mailing of the socks". Stampin' Up wheels are great for envelope art. The pattern doesn't have to go all over either. You can run them down one side or across the bottom. And, if you don't want to use or don't have a wheel, adding a stamped image always perks up the envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.