If you've seen my earlier post about the post-it tip then you might remember the pieces of a project that I planned to show at a later date. Well, the time is now. Here is the result of putting those pieces together. Isn't he cute!!!! I saw this little guy on Splitcoaststampers - I believe his creator is Jodie Vasbinder. If you use the search feature on Splitcoast, you can find her and her wonderful work.
Back to the project at hand - I'll admit that I was lazy and used another little pre-made notecard to attach the leprechaun to. Inside is a poem that I came up with. The card is actually attached to a snack container of Pringles. I pushed the foil that extended around the top edges of the container back onto the lid (without opening the seal) leaving the pull tab out, so that the top could be covered without the red foil hanging out. I traced the opening and used the pattern to cut a piece out of Marigold Morning cardstock. You'll see the detail that I added in the picture below. I punched a 1" circle from the same cardstock to attach to the cover that extended over the pull tab. There is a slit in the pull tab and the punch so that I could feed the ribbon through. The card is just attached with a piece of white crochet thread.
If you look at the close up of the lid, you will see that I tried to add some detail to the top to make it look like there were coins in the pot. I used a 1" punched circle and sponged around the edges (and my fingertips) with More Mustard ink. The ribbon that was used was plain white grosgrain that I colored the edges of with a Gable Green marker. Here is the poem: