Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Yes, I'm a day late with the wish but it was a very busy day and I was exhausted last night. I got the most beautiful flower arrangement from my DH delivered to me at work. I had told him earlier in the week not to do that, but he had it already arranged. He uses the Branchburg Florist and they always do a great job on the flowers for a couple of reasons. One, I work in a school office, so what better advertisement for their work than a display in a pretty well travelled place. And secondly, when I was a teacher substitute (for 15 yrs. !!!) I had one or more of the owner's children and apparently they liked me and remember me. At least that's what I've been told. We didn't go out to dinner, instead he had his beloved pizza and I got one of the Angus burgers from MacDonald's. If you haven't tried them, they're delicious.

I did manage to stay up until 1 a.m. the night before finishing my V'day projects and I did take pics -

I didn't make the pretzels - thank our local Shop Rite for that - but they are enclosed in a CD holder that I decorated in Real Read using the Priceless set from Stampin' Up. The belly band is in Real Red CS and the little heart is again from Priceless and just slipped behind the sentiment. When I do these, I usually wrap the food item in plastic before I insert it into the envie so that the oils, if there are any, don't stain the packaging.

Then there were the altered Starbucks bottles for my office cohorts -

Frank (my principal) and Carol (his secretary) got M&M's and Cherry Kisses inside bottles that I decorated with Stampin' Up's Berry Bliss designer paper. I added a Chocolate Chip ribbon for the masculine one and Purely Pomegranate for the feminine one.

And then there were these marshmallow treats that I sent to a few friends -


Again, the heart was stamped using SU's priceless in Real Read, then cut out and glued to a Real Red punched scallop. I used the paper piercer on the small scallop. Then I punched out the large white and red scallops using my mega and giga scallop punches (which were a Christmas gift in '06) to make the sandwich. It was real easy to stack all the megas together and punch the ribbon holes with the crop-a-dile and do the same with the gigas. That tool is the easiest for punches. The labor here was using the 1/16" hand punch on the scallops of the white one. Each punched scallop had to be done separately - doing more than one at a time was hurting. But it was worth it when you look at the finished product. I just tied it all together with some white satin 1/4" ribbon from Mike's. You can't really see from the picture, but the smaller red scallop on top is popped up with dimensionals and the ribbon is slid behind it and tied between the layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.